We’re looking for a Partnerships Manager to drive growth and development for existing and new sports team
partnerships. Reporting into the VP of Corporate Development, the Partnerships Manager will create, maintain,
and develop meaningful relationships while delivering significant value for DDSports (DDS) partners and the
The Partnerships Manager will play a critical role in the DDS growth strategy, targeting and acquiring a large
number of new customers, creating commercial opportunities for the business. This position is unique in that it
combines strategic thinking, business development leadership, team management, and client and partner
engagement. This position requires previous experience with sports tech, superior communication skills, and a
forward-thinking mentality. Candidates should have a comprehensive understanding of the college athletics
ecosystem, as well as prior experience working directly with DDS’s key customer segments, including Division-
I athletic departments and conferences. This is a newly created position with room for expansion.
The Partnership Manager will interface with several groups within DDS, including corporate development,
sales, product, and team success. A successful candidate will need to understand how the ShotTracker product
works from a technical standpoint, how various teams and customers derive value from both the raw data and
various analytics applications/products, and how DDS works with its sales and technology partners.
Goals & Measures
The Partnerships Manager is expected to conduct outreach to a large number of potential customers and key
decision-makers, and to close a high volume of new clients. Success in this role will be measured by acquiring
targeted schools from the Power 5 conferences as new clients.
- Become a domain expert and external evangelist for all DDS products and services.
- Establish and cultivate a pipeline of partnership opportunities with targeted groups.
- Determine key decision-makers and conduct extensive outreach.
- Communicate frequently with both existing and potential clients.
- Management of contract life cycle from initial pitch through to client signature.
- Strengthen and maintain client relationships on a perennial basis.
- Real-time client problem-solving and performance optimization.
- Adopt and evolve best practices for client account management.
- Absorb industry demands and channel these insights back internally to drive innovation.
- Create and deliver compelling presentations that address the core business issues and ShotTracker value proposition.
- Document and transfer knowledge regarding new accounts to internal DDS team members involved in the new customer onboarding process.
- Work closely with the Product Team to provide customer input on required product features to win new business.
- Other duties as assigned.
Vice President of Corporate Development
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years of experience in the college athletics landscape, B2B, and/or a partnerships role.
- Knowledge of the sports technology and media industries.
- Extensive network and active relationships in college basketball.
- High-level connections with coaches, athletic directors, and conference commissioners, a plus.
- Ability to organize and maintain a high volume of customer leads.
- Experience selling B2B services or solutions in the sports industry.
- Experience identifying key decision-makers and influencing other important stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience executing strategies to sell value propositions and close deals.
- Willing to travel up to 50% for customer meetings, trade shows, and other business purposes.
- Strong organizational, issue resolution, and decision-making skills are required.
- Superior verbal and written presentation and communication skills are required.
- Self-motivation and professional discipline with excellent follow-through.
- Must be able to work well with others as part of a team.
- Proven ability to recognize, analyze, and take action on go-to-market approaches, marketing programs,
joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Salesforce
Key Relationships & Interactions – Internal
- Reporting to Vice President of Corporate Development
- Game and Team Success Managers
- Technology and Installation Teams
- VP of Sales
Key relationships - External
- Teams, schools, and conferences
- Sports Media, Agencies, and Partners
- Active participation in targeted Industry Groups and Events
- Base Salary