The Game Success Lead is responsible for strategy development and management of all people, partners, systems, applications, and processes supporting ShotTracker’s model and commitments for enabling games for our Basketball Programs.
The Game Success Lead will report to the VP of Sales & Marketing and have responsibility for
leading the Company’s most critical strategic, revenue-producing process. Game Success
Managers and Game Operators will report directly to the Lead, and team members from Team
Success, Game Success, Technical Operations, and Product Management will often have
matrixed accountability to the Lead.
Goals & Measures
The Game Success Lead will be measured by the Company’s ability to acquire, process and
produce uninterrupted, real-time data and analytics for every game it is contracted to “power.”
Critical lower-level measures will include customer (team and broadcast partners) satisfaction,
game network up-time, game “errors,” and game cost.
- Assist in developing organizational and process design supporting ShotTracker’s Game Success operations.
- Lead decision-making on Game Success software, information and communication
support systems to be implemented throughout all ShotTracker powered games and
- Stay involved in all Game Success staff & organization along with VP of Sales &
- Oversee Game Success real-time operations. Night and weekend work will be required
during basketball season (November-April).
- Develop, monitor and analyze Game Success metrics.
- Develop annual plans for orchestrating ShotTracker’s game commitments.
- Works with Team Success to ensure seamless communication and synchronization with
Team personnel involved with games.
- Coordinate with Head of Customer Applications on defining and evaluating features
and capabilities in customer-facing applications that contribute towards game success.
- Assist Lead Team in strategic, product and service development
- Manages personnel and staff development around:
- Technology tools training
- On-site or HQ game command center
- ShotTracker intellectual property
- General technical and business skills
- Hands-on leader, strong and creative problem-solver, strong process and systems
- Comfortable in both early stage and more mature technology service organizations
- Excellent communication and problem resolution skills
- Solution oriented with high sense of quality and attention to detail and accuracy of
- Highly innovative while at the same time a structured thinker
- College degree in business, engineering, communication, or event management
- Some hands-on team management experience
- Event management experience in technology industry
- Service and technical support operations experience
- Experience in or understanding of network and customer service processes
- Basketball knowledge and understanding along with understanding of sporting events
Vice President of Sales & Marketing
- Game Success Managers
- Game Operators
Frequently Teams with:
- Customer Applications Development
- Team Success
- Technical Operations
- Base Salary & Bonus
ShotTracker Headquarters – Kansas City